This is important for media organizations to know. Especially who have been doing some great work towards a great initiative of Swachh Bharat (स्वच्छ भारत) by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Well, Swachh Bharat (स्वच्छ भारत) is actually not somebody else’s job. It is, in fact, everybody’s job. But Swachh Bharat Media Awards is for media organizations. In fact, before that, we need to understand who is sponsoring these awards. It is MDWS, Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation. The ministry is inviting applications from media organizations. Media organizations need to send a proposal for the Swachh Bharat Media Awards. The distribution of these awards will happen on the anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Mission (or SBM) that is on October 2nd. In fact, this year, it will be the 3rd anniversary.
The purpose of Swachh Bharat Media Awards is to honor media organizations that contribute in a measurable manner in making Swachhta (स्वच्छता), a Jana Andolan (जनांदोलन) by means of spreading awareness and taking special initiatives since the inception of this program in 2014. It is quite simple to apply. In fact, you just need to answer the following questions and submit them along with the basic details of your organization. These basic details include name, medium (print, television, radio, etc.), viewership/readership, etc.
Swachh Bharat Media Awards Details
Please answer the following questions, include basic details of your organization, such as name, medium (print, television, radio, etc.), and viewership/readership. Once you complete your entries, you can email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that the subject line of your email has to be “Proposal for Swachh Bharat Media Awards”. The last date for sending entries is September 10th, 2017. The questions that you need to answer are:
- What is your understanding of the Swachh Bharat Mission, its strengths, and challenges? Please describe in 250 words.
- Do you have a beat journalist/team working dedicatedly on covering Swachhta issues at the national and regional levels? Please mention the number of staff members on this dedicated team at both levels.
- Have you run any special media campaigns/events to engage citizens in the cause of Swachhta? Please describe in a maximum of 300 words, including the impact of these special initiatives.
- Have you run any special features/programming dedicated to Swachhta over the last year? Please describe in a maximum of 300 words.
- How many stories have your organization done spreading the message of Swachh Bharat Mission in the last year? Please give 10 best examples.
- Any other special initiatives you have undertaken to further the cause of Swachhta (स्वच्छता) in the country. (maximum of 300 words).
There will be a jury set by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. This jury will evaluate the entries to select winners. The decision of the jury will be final and binding.